- AASHTO – American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
- FHWA – Federal Highway Administration
- NEPA – National Environmental Policy Act
- NJDEP – New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
- NJDOT – New Jersey Department of Transportation
- NJTPA – North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority
- NJTPA Local Concept Development (LCD) Study phase – The first phase in NJTPA’s Local Project Delivery Process.
- NJTPA Local Capital Project Delivery Program – A competitive program which provides funding to NJTPA Subregions – the 13 counties and 2 cities under the auspices of the NJTPA – to prepare proposed transportation projects for eventual construction with federal funding.
- Project Team – is composed of members representing Morris County, NJTPA, NJDOT Local Aid, NJDOT BEPR (Bureau of Environmental Program Resources), the prime consultant design engineering firm, Michael Baker International, Inc., and other supporting consulting firms for engineering, environmental, cultural and community involvement support.
- SHPO – State Historic Preservation Office